We strive each day to implement “gold standard” medicine and turn old veterinary medicine paradigms on their head. Is your pet receiving outdated care? Learn more about the Coastal difference.
A SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING OUR PETS AND COVID
We have been working hard to keep up with the daily changes and this new reality. In order to keep our hospital running so we can continue to make sure all of our pets stay healthy, please note we have needed to change our daily operations.
As of 7-31-20:
- We have temporarily stopped our Saturday hours
- We are not offering housecalls at this time
- Our lobby is effectively closed to customers and we are only offering “Curbside Veterinary Care” – However, please note we are now performing “reverse telemedicine” where we can videoconference you in to the exam for real time feedback.
- Please fill out the appropriate history prior to your appointment:
- 1) Arrive at your scheduled appointment time, call us to let us know you are here, and one of our staff will meet you outside of your car in the open air with your pet. PLEASE NOTE: We cannot get your pet out of your car. You must secure them outside of your vehicle for safety and liability reasons.
2) We will apply our own leash to your dog and walk them inside. For cats, we will apply hand sanitizer and carry your cat carrier inside for you.
3) Once we begin our exam, we will initiate the Zoom conference call, if you opt for this feature.
4) We will perform our exam and let you know what we find and create a plan together.
5) We perform any necessary treatments and/or diagnostics.
6) We can check you out over the phone and then bring your pet and any medications, etc out to your car.
- We are offering “Curbside Medication Pickups” as well
- We can still perform telemedicine consults, where appropriate, through PetZam
Note that at this time, pets are not considered part of the COVID-19 story. Cats very rarely get the infection from us and we cannot receive it from them. However, for more information as this continues to develop, we recommend monitoring the CDC website. Here is a very helpful information guide regarding pets and COVID-19 from the AVMA.
If you have any questions about your pet during this time, please continue to use us as your trusted resource for your pet’s health and we can help you sort through this rapidly changing time.
Dr. Evans and the Coastal Team