We strive each day to implement “gold standard” medicine and turn old veterinary medicine paradigms on their head. Is your pet receiving outdated care? Learn more about the Coastal difference.
A SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING OUR PETS AND COVID
As of June 15, 2021
We are happy to now transition to Curbside Lite. We can now allow 1 fully vaccinated person in with their pet during examinations.
- When you arrive, please call the front desk to let us know you are here.
- A technician will come out and verify your vaccination status and bring you and your pet directly in to an exam room.
- Our lobby is still closed due to our inability to effectively social distance, so we will continue to handle all medication pick ups, technician appointments, and drop offs via our Curbside model.
- We are open on Saturdays in our Carlsbad location (9am-5pm)
- We are no longer offering housecalls.
- We are still performing “reverse telemedicine” where we can videoconference you in to the exam for real time feedback if you are not eligible for an in-person exam.
- To make your appointment as efficient as possible:
- Please fill out the appropriate history prior to your appointment:
- 1) Arrive at your scheduled appointment time, call us to let us know you are here, and one of our staff will meet you outside of your car in the open air with your pet. PLEASE NOTE: We cannot get your pet out of your car. You must secure them outside of your vehicle for safety and liability reasons.
2) We will apply our own leash to your dog and walk them inside. For cats, we will apply hand sanitizer and carry your cat carrier inside for you.
3) If the exam is happening curbside, once we begin our exam we will initiate the Zoom conference call, if you opt for this feature.
4) We will perform our exam and let you know what we find and create a plan together.
5) We perform any necessary treatments and/or diagnostics.
6) We can check you out over the phone and then bring your pet and any medications, etc out to your car.
If you have any questions about your pet during this time, please continue to use us as your trusted resource for your pet’s health and we can help you sort through this rapidly changing time.
Dr. Evans and the Coastal Team
See What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
Classic Service. Modern Medicine.
Modern Wellness Program
Now Offering LOVE Spays
Vet Dentistry Done Right
About Dr. Evans
After receiving his veterinary degree he set off to New York City where he was trained by some of the top veterinarians in emergency and internal medicine, surgery, ophthalmology, cardiology, neurology, pathology, exotics, and radiology.